How to Boost Your Resume: International Internships

How to stand out from college grads, all 1.7 million of them:

One of the awesome things about entering your college years is that you have the freedom to choose any path you want to go down. You can study just about anything you can dream of. With that said, it’s important to keep something in mind: your goals and how you’re actually going to achieve them. Where do you see yourself in five years? College is all about time to find yourself and your passion. But once you walk across that stage with diploma in hand, how you can stand out from the thousands of other cap and gowns?

According to the Washington Post, only 27% of college graduates have a job related to their major. This could be for a number of reasons, but let’s focus on how to become one of the other 73%. The fact is, a degree isn't enough to land you a job out of college anymore. Relevant job experience is almost a requirement in just about every career field. Internships for college students are incredibly popular and even required for some majors or universities. Once again, we’re faced with the question; why should an employer choose you?

Global Experiences can guarantee you a customized international internship in your field of study, putting you in the top 1% of the tall stack of applications an employer will look through. With over 20 career industries to choose from, GE plays match-maker to pair you with a host employer tailor-fit to your wants, needs, skills, and goals as a growing professional. We offer life-long career support from resume and cover letter assistance, to role-playing in preparation for interviews.  Your international internship will allow you to showcase your adaptability and ability to overcome differences in the workplace because of your culturally diversified experience and seriously boost your resume. Plus, who doesn’t want to spend a semester living as more than just a tourist in one of nine spectacular cities across the globe?

The ball is in your court. Take the chance while you can!

Get Inspired And Receive Travel Tips!

Free Internship Guidebook
Win a GoPro
Share Your Travel Story

Subscribe To The Global Experiences Blog

Subscribe to Email Updates