Health and Safety Statement and Reopening Plan:
AIFS Study Abroad and Global Experiences are looking ahead to reopening our onsite programming as the global outbreak of COVID-19 is brought under control. We know students are keen to return to global travel and to fulfill their ambitions for an educational program abroad, but in this unprecedented time, many variables need to be considered as we undertake a safe reopening.
The first step for a safe return to programs abroad is the easy and safe access to international flights and the downgrading of the US State Department travel warning from Level 4 where it is currently. We will wait for updates on these decisions, along with all of you, as they are made by federal officials.
In preparation for reopening, AIFS is assembling a task force to review the range of new considerations required to safely welcome students to our international locations. The combined talents of our experienced international education professionals, insurance experts from our partners at CISI, members of our Academic Advisory board and other outside expertise are being engaged to help ensure we have carefully considered all factors. The plan developed by this task force will aim to provide all stakeholders with confidence in a safe reopening for our programs in a world where COVID-19 is still present.
Key areas for reopening success:
- Audit of country-specific conditions by on-location staff for partner housing, university, internship, and support staff training
- On-site health and safety management including systems to manage the possibility of outbreaks of COVID-19 and vetted quarantine protocols in the event a participant tests positive while on the program
- Legal protections and student-centric refund terms that provide confidence and transparency
- Insurance coverage options and global risk management support systems
- Academic continuity and contingency planning for all program types
- Consultation with emerging international education standards for COVID-19 reopening protocol
The safety of our students and the confidence of our partner universities are our top priority and we look forward to announcing a robust health and safety reopening plan in mid-summer 2020.
Safety Update: Coronavirus
Global Experiences, along with our insurance/risk management provider CISI, is monitoring the evolution of the COVID-19 coronavirus worldwide. Our team continues to place our highest priority on the needs of our students and university partners, and are keeping up to date on how this impacts our current and future programs.
Effective April 6, Global Experiences made the decision to close all Summer 2020 on-location programs. Alternatively, we are able to offer a virtual, remote-based, online alternative through our GE Virtuoso Virtual International Internships program.
GE will cancel or suspend a program if:
- The US State Department issues a Travel Advisory of a Level 3 or higher for the program city at any time during the program.
- A US State Department Travel Advisory of a Level 3 or higher for the program city is in place 45 days prior to the program start date.
Fall 2020 programs are still running as scheduled. If you have questions regarding your program, policies in place, or program updates, please call 877-432-2762, directly email your Admissions Counselor / Program Advisor, or email@example.com.