ACKNOWLEDGMENT REGARDING PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA AND REQUEST OF CONSENT FOR THEIR PROCESSING
Pursuant to the terms and conditions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (“Regulation on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data”, hereinafter “the EU GDPR”), we hereby inform you that Global Experiences (hereinafter referred to as “Global Experiences”), in its capacity as Data Controller, pursuant to Section 29 of the above Law, of the processing of your personal data and information, is required to provide you with the following information:
1. All personal data you have provided to Global Experiences, as well as any entity from whom personal data are collected, and all the further data provided in order to allow the planning and organization of the Global Experiences internship program, will be processed and handled by Global Experiences in accordance with its policies and EU GDPR, and with the principles of fairness, lawfulness, transparency, purpose limitation, accuracy, storage limitation, integrity and confidentiality and accountability, as well as the utmost protection of your privacy; sensitive data processing will only take place in relation to data regarding your health condition (such as diseases, allergies, food intolerances) or judicial data.
2. All data shall be processed exclusively for Global Experiences organizational purposes, connected or related to the activities carried out by Global Experiences, such as programs, the accomplishment of bureaucratic practices for your entry in the EU, the performance of the contractual obligations of Global Experiences in connection with your program. In particular the data supplied or collected will be processed for the following purposes: a) to fulfill the obligations established by any applicable law, including the regulations or the European Union Law; b) to execute the contractual obligations with reference to your enrolment with the Global Experiences abroad programs (such as but not limited to students health and safety protection); c) with reference to data provided by public authorities or by hospitals should an accident or aggression occur to the student, in order to take the necessary actions. Sensitive data regarding your health conditions and food habits will only be processed for the purpose of protecting students safety or of fulfilling the obligations established by law, by regulations or by the European Union Law; sensitive data regarding judicial measures which may have been provided to Global Experiences by public bodies will be processed only for purposes relating to a health or safety emergency and complying with any applicable mandatory provision of European Union law.
3. Submittal and processing of personal data is necessary in order to achieve the purposes above specified.
4. Any refusal will make it impossible to carry out the necessary activities and the correct administrative and didactic management of students programs necessary to accomplish the contractual obligations of Global Experiences in connection with your abroad program in the EU, as well as the obligations imposed by law.
5. Data of common nature will be collected and processed automatically and/or manually in compliance with the provisions of GDPR and by adopting the related minimum safety measures, securing strictly monitored access; the collecting and processing of sensitive data will be carried out in compliance with GDPR and by adopting the related minimum safety measures.
6. Data processing will take place, according to the aforementioned criteria, only within those offices of Global Experiences premises which are exclusively dedicated to Global Experiences programs; the data will be handled only by the persons who are in charge and responsible of the related activities and by other persons working on the same areas as specified in internal communications; sensitive data will be handled only within those offices of Global Experiences premises which are exclusively dedicated to Global Experiences abroad programs, for the purposes above specified, by persons officially appointed to this task. Your personal data you have provided, with the exception of sensitive data, may be transferred overseas pursuant to the terms, conditions and limits specified by Title VII of Part I of Legislative Decree n. 196/2003.
7. In particular, your data may be communicated, in compliance with the rules above indicated, to public or private subjects to whom they may necessary in order to fulfill obligations set forth by laws, regulations or EU laws; sensitive data may be communicated to public bodies and authorities (such as public hospitals, public safety authorities, Police offices, courts, magistrates and the like) and to private subjects (such as private hospitals and clinics, security supervisors, insurance companies) only for purposes relating to health and safety emergency and for the purposes of fulfilling obligations set forth by laws, regulations and EU laws.
8. The Data Controller, under the law and with particular reference to the safety obligations related to the automatic processing of your data, is Global Experiences.
9. All data will be processed by Global Experiences in its capacity as Data Controller in compliance with art. 7 of Legislative Decree 196/2003.
10. You will be able to exercise any and all other rights foreseen by Art. 7 of Legislative Decree n. 196/2003 reproduced hereunder in its entirety:
1. The data subject has the right to obtain confirmation of the existence or not of personal data regarding him or her, even if not yet recorded, and their communication in intelligible form.
2. The data subject has the right to obtain indication: a) of the origin of the personal data; b) of the ends and methods of its processing; c) of the logics applied in the event of processing being carried out with the aid of electronic equipment; d) of the identification data of the controller, of those responsible and the appointed representative as per Art. 5 paragraph 2; e) of the organizations and categories of organizations to whom personal data can be communicated or who are likely to get to know them in their capacity of designated representative in any area of the country, of officers and appointees.
3. The data subject has the right to obtain: a) the update, the rectification or, if he or she as interest to, the integration of the data; b) the cancellation, transformation in anonymous form or the blockage of any data processed unlawfully, including those whose storage is not necessary in relation to the aims for which the data were collected or later processed; c) a statement that the operations indicated at letters a) and b), including their content, have been made known to those to whom the data have been communicated or released, except in the case of this being found to be impossible or requiring the use of means which are clearly disproportionate to the protected right.
4. The data subject has the right to completely or partially oppose: a) for legitimate reasons, the processing of personal data regarding him/her even if relevant to the aims of their collection; b) the processing of personal data regarding him/her for the purpose of sending publicity material, direct sales or for carrying out market research or commercial communications.
The data subject can exercise the rights as per Art. 7 of Legislative Decree 196/2003, (updating, rectification, integration, cancellation, transformation, anonymously or blockage of data processed illegally, opposition, request for information as per section 1 and as per letters a), b), c), d) and 2) 2nd section, by contacting Global Experiences, 14 Annapolis St., Annapolis MD 21401 - or sending an e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can read Regulation (EU) 2016/679 at: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/reform/files/regulation_oj_en.pdf
Having read this notice provided by the Data Controller (Global Experiences).
Having read this notice provided by Global Experiences in accord with General Data Protection Regulation you hereby give consent:
for the use of his/her personal data (including sensitive data) for the purposes outlined in this notice if the use does not come under one of the possible cases for exemption.
for his/her personal data (including sensitive data) to be transferred overseas pursuant to the terms, conditions and limits specified at Section 43 of Legislative Decree n. 196/2003 as well as under the provisions of article 49 (1) (a) of the EU GDPR, and more specifically to the United States of America, even if this country were not considered a safe harbor by the EU competent authorities.
for the use of his/her personal data (including sensitive data) for the purposes outlined in this notice.
I also hereby waive any right to privacy or confidentiality regarding Global Experiences reporting to the appropriate authorities at my home school if I am seriously ill; suffer an injury; am the victim or perpetrator of harassment, whether on or off campus; am the victim or the perpetrator of sexual or gender-based misconduct and/or of criminal behavior, whether on or off campus, and I grant Global Experiences staff, faculty and administrators full authority to report to the appropriate authorities at my home school any and such all incidents, under the applicable laws (including but not limited to Title IX and Clery Act), whether or not it involves disciplinary action.