Struggling to do "more" for your International students with few resources at your disposal?
International students are increasingly seeking intensive internship and work related opportunities falling under their legal OPT or CPT status. However finding appropriate opportunities can fall anywhere between faculty advisors, career centers, or more typically... with the ISSS office... who are continually asked to do "more" with fewer and fewer resources and time. Accountability to the institution and the student makes finding an easy and safe solution a must.
Global Experiences provides an easy solution to university advisors responsible for providing these opportunities to their students. For more than 16 years, Global Experiences has been focused exclusively on placing students in international internships, including a high number of international students being placed in the USA.
Challenges and Questions to Consider
- Who is responsible for sourcing quality experiences?
- Who is helping each individual identify the experience best suited for them?
- Who helps prepare each student with resume, interviewing, and other needs required to secure a placement?
- Who ensures whether the experience is successful? If not, what alternatives are available?
- What if it doesn’t work out, putting the visa/or limited OPT / CPT time in jeopardy?
- What if the employer turns out to be questionable or the intern is doing questionable work?
- Who is monitoring and providing supervision through the experience?
- What about issues surrounding accountability and duty of care responsibilities?
- Is this a reflection of the individual university’s responsibility and will it hurt future recruitment?