Position Title: Program Advisor
Reports to: Global Programs Director
Location: Global Experiences Office HQ, 14 Annapolis St, Annapolis MD 21401
Deadline Date: 31st October 2019
Start Date: 4th December 2019
The Program Advisor lies at the heart of the Programming Team and working in conjunction with our admissions team, interns, employers, university partners, staff in Annapolis, MD and overseas. The Program Advisor plays a critical role in ensuring programs are delivered to the highest of quality. Program Advisors work one-on-one with enrolled interns in all aspects of the pre-departure preparation, including, but not limited to: internship placement process, visa management (location/program dependent), and documentation compliance. In addition, this position is the main point-of-contact for on-site staff, which includes managing their program delivery.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Facilitate and manage internship onboarding, which includes a welcome call, managing the intern portal, and gathering the required documentation
- Edit and approve intern cover letters, resumes, and portfolios in the online portal and update regularly to maintain current information
- Provide guidance throughout the interview process, liaise with employers and interns to schedule interviews, and confirm internship placement
- Manage visa processing for each location for the assigned location portfolio by collecting and tracking proper documentation and communicating with visa processing organization to ensure the program start date (if applicable)
- Communicate with interns, parents, and university advisors to manage intern expectations and to clarify the placement process
- Update and host the pre-departure webinars
- Ensure all pre-departure items are submitted prior to the program start date
- Collect pre-departure and post-program survey results
- Develop travel, housing, and career resources
Location Coordinator Management:
- Train and oversee on-site staff for assigned location portfolio to ensure programs are delivered timely and professionally
- Manage on-site budgets and employee time logs
- Approve materials used throughout the program, which include, but are not limited to, the welcome and exit orientation slides and midpoint site visit forms
- Interview, train, and manage on-site student assistants
- Troubleshoot issues on the ground and advise Location Coordinators on best practices related to housing concerns, internship protocol, and other problems that may arise
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years’ experience with customer relationships
- 1-2 years’ experience managing
- 1-2 years’ experience utilizing CRM
- Experience living, studying, and/or working abroad - experience in Madrid, Barcelona, and/or San Jose is a plus!
- Ideal candidates will have second language skills - candidates with Spanish proficiency is a plus!
- Diverse communication skills; ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders
- Experience advising students in career development
- High level of comfort with computers, digital media, working with web-based systems (Google suite, Salesforce, HubSpot, Facebook)
A successful candidate for this position will have the ability to multitask, instinctively perceive red flags, stay calm under pressure, resourceful, and have a willingness to learn and to think outside the box. The candidate should be able to handle large quantities of information at once and hold themselves to the highest quality of customer service. It is essential to see through the lens of a current college student, an international employer, and overseas staff, all while working in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match and employer discretionary elective contribution
- Tuition & Fitness reimbursement
- Generous vacation and paid sick time off
- Language learning reimbursement
- Company sponsored benefits, life insurance, short and long term disability
About Global Experiences
Global Experiences is committed to providing life-changing experiences for college students and our academic international internship programs are designed to complement students’ degree programs and further them along the path of career development. We are a trusted partner to U.S. universities and colleges and our experienced team is able to ensure a high- quality experience for student and institution.
Global Experiences has consistently focused on becoming the world’s best at career-focused internship programs and through our database of over 3,000 companies and organizations in 11 global cities we have been able to serve over 7,000 alumni from over 60 countries. Students experience a very hands-on and personal approach that differs from the group mentality of study abroad. Our interns receive one-on-one guidance, career development, and a customized internship match that is rooted in helping students take the step from classroom to career, while also experiencing living and working in a new international city.
We have been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of The 10 Best Websites for Finding an Internship, by GoAbroad.com for the 2014 and 2015 Innovation Award for Internships at NAFSA: Association for International Educators annual conferences, and included in 2015 in the Inc5000. Global Experiences is often included in media profiles such as USA TODAY, The New York Times, and Fox News on the importance of gaining international work experience.
The GE Environment
We have an open office environment with a team of smart, ambitious individuals dedicated to providing life-changing experiences for our participants. We have a ‘work hard - play hard’ mentality and everyone is cut from a familiar fabric. We expect people to bring value, be fun, have a team approach, and generally to ‘bring it’ every day. We are competitive but support one another completely. You need to be someone looking for an environment where you can learn and teach.
Our Core Values
We live and die by these. We hire and fire on the basis of them. We believe in them. If ALL of these resonate with you, this is the place for you.
- Unflappable Enthusiasm
- Constant Innovation
- Always Rise Above the Drama
- Shower Everyone with Kindness
- Courageous Communication
- Personal Accountability to All Stakeholders
- Submit online application: Apply Now!
- If you are selected to move forward in the hiring process, you will be asked to submit a 3-4 minute video of yourself based off of questions provided.
- Phone/Hangouts interview with hiring manager(s).
- Final interview in Annapolis, MD headquarters with the hiring committee.
Please note: We only respond to applications via email. Please, no calls or unannounced office visits.
Application Deadline: October 31, 2019
Anticipated Start Date: December 4, 2019