Reports to: London Program Advisor
Location: London, UK
Publish Date: August 1, 2019
Start Date: September 2019
Do you love planning and hosting events and meeting new people? Are you reliable, responsible and fun? Can you remain positive and professional in challenging situations? You have come to the right posting!
Global Experiences is seeking a Location Coordinator for our London program location to provide orientation and support services for inbound students. The position reports directly to our London Program Advisor, and involves being a bridge in communication between the London internship program and our team in the United States. This is an opportunity for an individual that is already living in London and is interested in working with American and other English speaking students. The ideal candidate is optimistic, intelligent, caring, fun and great at problem solving, and able to work independently while maintaining close ties with US HQ.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
The position is responsible for working with internship program participants on the ground in London:
- Helping to coordinate social activities and manage a budget
- Perform in-person site visits with students and supervisors
- Troubleshoot internship and housing problems throughout program
- Capture media to document program events
- Manage and post content to Facebook groups
- Provide resources and information on London to students
- Constant communication with students, employers and partners
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Experience managing student related services and support
- Experience living and working in London
- Experience with North American students a plus
- Must have native or near native English skills
- Preference given to those with study, work, travel abroad experience
Personal Characteristics Required:
- Extremely organized
- A solution-focused YES, I CAN mentality
- High energy and self-motivated
- Excellent multitasking ability
- Welcoming, very outgoing, optimistic
- Very well presented
- Culturally sensitive and interested in other cultures
- Calm, effective communication skills
- Details and systems oriented
Specific Skills Required:
- Ability to learn on the job with a ‘figure it out’ mentality
- Ability to confront problems head on and present solutions
- Technical knowledge of basic Microsoft applications including Excel and PowerPoint
- Confidence working with online systems (Salesforce, Google Drive, etc.) and social networking systems
- Competitive remuneration based on experience
- Bonus structure based on performance
- A unique and rewarding work environment with an accountable organization
This position is seasonal, part-time, and approximately 15-20 hours per week. Must be willing to work flexible hours; some days are long and sometimes there is weekend or evening work. It is a seasonal position beginning in the Fall (September through mid-December), with the possibility of continuing for future seasons. This position is a remote position based in London.
About Global Experiences
Global Experiences is committed to providing life-changing experiences for college students and our academic international internship programs are designed to complement students’ degree programs and further them along the path of career development. We are a trusted partner to U.S. universities and colleges and our experienced team is able to ensure a high- quality experience for student and institution.
Global Experiences has consistently focused on becoming the world’s best at career-focused internship programs and through our database of over 3,000 companies and organizations in 11 global cities we have been able to serve over 7,000 alumni from over 60 countries. Students experience a very hands-on and personal approach that differs from the group mentality of study abroad. Our interns receive one-on-one guidance, career development, and a customized internship match that is rooted in helping students take the step from classroom to career, while also experiencing living and working in a new international city.
We have been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of The 10 Best Websites for Finding an Internship, by GoAbroad.com for the 2014 and 2015 Innovation Award for Internships at NAFSA: Association for International Educators annual conferences, and included in 2015 in the Inc5000. Global Experiences is often included in media profiles such as USA TODAY, The New York Times, and Fox News on the importance of gaining international work experience.
The GE Environment
We are a team of smart, ambitious individuals dedicated to providing life-changing experiences for our participants. We have a ‘work hard - play hard’ mentality and everyone is cut from a familiar fabric. We expect people to bring value, be fun, have a team approach, and generally to ‘bring it’ every day. We are competitive but support one another completely. You need to be someone looking for an environment where you can learn and teach.
Our Core Values
We live and die by these. We hire and fire on the basis of them. We believe in them. If ALL of these resonate with you, this is the place for you.
- Unflappable Enthusiasm
- Constant Innovation
- Always Rise Above the Drama
- Shower Everyone with Kindness
- Courageous Communication
- Personal Accountability to All Stakeholders
Email us at email@example.com with the subject line "Application for Location Location Coordinator" and include:
- CV (pdf)
- Cover letter (pdf) including your professional experience as it relates to the responsibilities noted in this job description, international travel experience, and anything else you think we might consider in a person who would be an integral member of our team
- Start date availability
- Phone number and the best time to reach you
Short-listed candidates will complete a series of interviews and assessments. If you are selected as a candidate, you must be able to interview in person in London. Note that you will be asked to provide proof of ability to work in the UK at the interview (Passport, Visa, etc.)
Application Deadline: August 10, 2019
Anticipated Start Date: September 2019