Have you traveled internationally and love the thought of helping more young people do the same? Do you have experience in sales and want to join a dynamic growing international education company? Are you a highly strategic, ambitious and self-motivated professional that truly loves travel and international education? If so, you might have found your dream job!
Global Experiences is a mission-driven organization focused on helping university students and young people find a career they love through career readiness training and international internships. We are a team of passionate world travelers and innovators committed to our broad range of students, partner universities, parents, and host companies. We are a diverse group of individuals anchored in our core values and our strengths based approach, which guides our team each day.
The role of an Admissions Counselor is to enroll students into the Global Experiences internship program. As the primary point of contact, you are the expert on programs and must exhibit confidence in delivering information to all parties whether it be students, parents, university advisors, or partner programs. In addition, this position works closely with our University team and the Director of Institutional Partnership Development to maximize existing partnerships and fully develop new University partnerships.
This position requires US and occasional international travel, by car and/or airplane, estimated at 30% seasonally - some nights and weekends required based on seasonal business needs/position requirements.
Compensation: Base salary $25,000 per year + Commission on student enrollment + bonus potential. First year average ranges from $40,000-55,000 dependent on performance. This position is full time, Monday - Friday, (usually) 9am-5pm, and based in our Annapolis, MD headquarters.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as an informational resource and expert on programs to all parties: students, parents, and academic advisors.
- Successfully enroll participants in the program to contribute to total organizational goals and individual goals and KPIs.
- Qualify incoming leads and reach out to qualified applicants over phone, text, video, and email.
- Conduct interviews and guide potential interns through the enrollment process while preparing them for the Global Experiences program.
- Manage all communication and data through web-based customer relationship management (CRM) software (experience with Salesforce, Hubspot or related platform is preferred).
- Contribute to all sales and marketing systems, including but not limited to blogging, mass emails, report building, social media and other marketing efforts.
- Enrollment management for assigned university programs from application to enrollment.
- Responsible for on-boarding program participants online, by phone, or in-person.
- Provide placement confirmation letters to university partners and their students.
- Work with the University Relations Team to develop and refine enrollment / application systems and processes per university.
- Work with participants of the Alumni Ambassador program from partner schools to facilitate additional outreach opportunities.
- Work in collaboration to plan marketing and relationship development with key institutions.
- Attend university study abroad fairs and other outside events to further partnerships, collect leads, and conduct follow-ups.
- Act as point of contact to institutional advisors related to program logistics including student information and application deadlines.
- Assist in the delivery of informational webinars, career development sessions, advisor training, orientations, and information sessions online or in-person.
- Develop and facilitate orientation meetings for on-campus delivery at partner institutions.
- Assist in the development and implementation of department systems and procedures as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor. You will be expected to take on additional responsibilities outside of your core job function.
Your productivity will be judged on the following:
- Your ability to convert on applications and meet individual sales and team goals.
- Quickly and correctly completing assigned tasks while maintaining sales numbers, University partnerships and managing team.
- Ensuring all interns have a full understanding of the process and program, while managing their expectations.
- Quality of information relayed, ability to spot patterns and trends and communicate them effectively.
- Constant organization of and outreach to all assigned leads.
- Continuous innovation of processes.
- Other duties as assigned finished in a timely manner and correctly.
You must meet all of the following requirements to be considered for this position.
- EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 2 years experience in a professional environment with a strong preference given to those with prior sales experience, phone training, and to GE alumni.
- EDUCATION: A Bachelor’s degree is required.
- INTERNATIONAL TRAVEL EXPERIENCE: You must have studied, travelled, or lived abroad for at least 2 months continuously to be considered for this position. It is critical you can naturally relate to the impact this experience will have on our students from personal experience, thus short vacations abroad will not suffice.
- EXCELLENT COMMUNICATIONS AND BEHAVIORAL SKILLS: This position requires a self-motivated and self-sufficient person with a confident personality. You are comfortable speaking with people on the phone, email and face to face. You can communicate professionally and effectively with all parties whether it be program participants, parents, your colleagues or other professionals.
- YOU ARE ORGANIZED: You will be working with a high volume of students and a fast paced environment. During busier months you can expect to be on the phone for 5+ hours a day. You must be able to stay organized, manage your time, and work efficiently. Data will be required to be up to date at all times.
PREFERENCE GIVEN TO THOSE WITH
- Experience living, interning or studying abroad, preferably in one of our program destinations.
- Experience working with Hubspot and Salesforce platforms.
- Strong understanding of inbound marketing concepts including SEO, blogging, social media, lead nurturing, email marketing, buyer personas, landing pages, calls-to-action.
- Experience in a sales environment.
- Generous paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
- Retirement plan with a 3% employer match
- Individual health care plan with excellent coverage
- Optional Dental and Vision Insurance
- Language learning reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance policy
- Long Term Disability
- Ongoing Professional Development and Training
- Fitness reimbursement
- Domestic and international travel opportunities
- Working with the best team and culture around
- Email us at: email@example.com
- Subject line: Application for Admissions Counselor Position
- Please include the following items when you express interest:
Deadline: August 1, 2019
Must interview in person: If you are selected as a candidate for this position, you must be able to interview at our offices in Annapolis, MD.
- Resume (pdf)
- Cover letter including your professional experience as it relates to the responsibilities noted in this job description, international travel experience, and anything else you think we might consider in a person who would be an integral member of our team.
- Salary history
- Start date availability
- Phone number and best time to reach you
- STEP 1: Submit Resume, Cover Letter and other materials noted above no later than August 1, 2019. We will aim to respond to you within a week of your submission if you are through to the next round.
- STEP 2: Video introduction. If you are selected to move forward in the hiring process we would like you to submit a 3-4 minute video of yourself based off of questions provided.
- STEP 3: Phone interview with Admissions Manager(s).
- STEP 4: Final interview in Annapolis, MD headquarters with the CEO and other Senior Directors in the company.
- This position will begin on August 20, 2019 (with flexibility).
Please Note: We only respond to applications via email, please no calls or unannounced office visits.