Position Title: Global Programs Coordinator
Reports to: Global Programs Director
Location: Global Experiences Office HQ, 14 Annapolis St, Annapolis MD 21401
Publish Date: November 2018
Start Date: ASAP
The Global Programs Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the Programming Team in implementing program procedures and policies, processing data, resource development, and managing the logistics of the team to help prepare students for their international internship programs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
Program Preparation, Delivery, and Completion (50%):
- Assist in the internship placement process, communicating with stakeholders (i.e. interns, employers, universities) by phone and email
- Assist with visa documentation gathering and communication to interns
- Register, update, and review students for travel/medical insurance and the US Department of State STEP program
- Collect and organize all student arrival details (i.e. transportation to host city and housing arrival)
- Assist with monitoring of student portal submissions (i.e. passport, resume, cover letter, the GE checklist, etc.) for programming team and university relations
- Coordinate professional development Gallup coaching call program components including logging calls and follow up
- Completing intern insurance registration and verifying the accuracy of invoices
- Assist with tracking of exit surveys to determine a list of referenceable interns to conduct online reviews
General Program Responsibilities (40%):
- Run reports in Salesforce and/or HubSpot as requested
- Coordinate webinar registrations and intern attendance
- Manage, collect, and process survey data (i.e. pre-departure and exit survey) and update in Salesforce while flagging intern concerns and referenceable interns
- Coordinate, collect, and review timesheets and expense reports of Programming Team home office and location staff
- Administrative support which may include, but is not limited to: opening mail, faxing, copying, scanning, filing, ordering and organizing office supplies, scheduling appointments, off-site supply runs, internal event preparation, and any other items as directed
Office Management (10%):
- Office management support, including but not limited to: any tasks as assigned by the Global Program Director and/or Senior Executive staff
- Supporting the office through organizational events (i.e. preparing for retreats, visitation, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take direction and provide updates to teams when needed
- Versatility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Acute attention to detail
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions quickly
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient in Google Drive, some experience using Salesforce, HubSpot preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3 weeks paid vacation (begins to accrue after 30 days of employment)
- Retirement plan with a 3% employer match
- Individual health care plan with excellent coverage
- 5 sick days and 3 bereavement days
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
Compensation: $33,000-$37,000 with bonuses (based on previous experience). This position is full-time, Monday through Friday, (usually) 9:00 am-5:30 pm, and based in our Annapolis, MD office.
About Global Experiences
Global Experiences is committed to providing life-changing experiences for college students and our academic international internship programs are designed to complement students’ degree programs and further them along the path of career development. We are a trusted partner to U.S. universities and colleges and our experienced team is able to ensure a high- quality experience for student and institution.
Global Experiences has consistently focused on becoming the world’s best at career-focused internship programs and through our database of over 3,000 companies and organizations in 11 global cities we have been able to serve over 7,000 alumni from over 60 countries. Students experience a very hands-on and personal approach that differs from the group mentality of study abroad. Our interns receive one-on-one guidance, career development, and a customized internship match that is rooted in helping students take the step from classroom to career, while also experiencing living and working in a new international city.
We have been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of The 10 Best Websites for Finding an Internship, by GoAbroad.com for the 2014 and 2015 Innovation Award for Internships at NAFSA: Association for International Educators annual conferences, and included in 2015 in the Inc5000. Global Experiences is often included in media profiles such as USA TODAY, The New York Times, and Fox News on the importance of gaining international work experience.
The GE Environment
We have an open office environment with a team of smart, ambitious individuals dedicated to providing life-changing experiences for our participants. We have a ‘work hard - play hard’ mentality and everyone is cut from a familiar fabric. We expect people to bring value, be fun, have a team approach, and generally to ‘bring it’ every day. We are competitive but support one another completely. You need to be someone looking for an environment where you can learn and teach.
Our Core Values
We live and die by these. We hire and fire on the basis of them. We believe in them. If ALL of these resonate with you, this is the place for you.
- Unflappable Enthusiasm
- Constant Innovation
- Always Rise Above the Drama
- Shower Everyone with Kindness
- Courageous Communication
- Personal Accountability to All Stakeholders
Email us at email@example.com and include:
- Resume (pdf)
- Cover letter including your professional experience as it relates to the responsibilities noted in this job description, international travel experience, and anything else you think we might consider in a person who would be an integral member of our team
- Start date availability
- Phone number and the best time to reach you
Short-listed candidates will complete a series of interviews and assessments.
Application Deadline: November 26, 2018
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP